Powered by Blogger.

Dealing with Stress

by - 11:35 PM


Everyone has different views about stress and different way to deal with stress.  I know it’s hard to live; in fact it can be stressful.  Stress is an emotional response when I have to face the difficulty of life. The difficulty could be a matter comes from people around me: friends and family. It also comes from my own mind in term of how I rate myself. However, stress is not always a bad thing to me. Stress can sometimes be useful to push my passion for doing some special things. In one thing such sport activity, being stressed can be very useful to me. Stress can make a bad impact for me if it continues happen and makes my emotional unstable.
To overcome stress is not an easy thing to do. Process for relieving stress cannot be done immediately. When stress comes in my life, the first thing I usually do is find out the source of stress. There are some several ways to control myself when I have to deal with stress. Here is some ways that I normally do every time I deal with stress that makes a bad impact:
1. Relax
At this time, I use to close my eyes and ask some questions to myself : what happened, why this should happen, what should I do and how I can get out of this problem.
2. Take a deep breath
Take a deep breath then blow through my nose makes me feel calm. Usually I do many times while I close my eyes.
3. Alone
I choose for being alone so that I will be more focus on how to get out from stress. Being alone also helps me to be more peaceful.
4. Exercise
Being alone without people around me doesn’t mean that I will sit down and do nothing. What I like to do is to express myself into a lot of things. I often play music and sing along in a loud voice. Singing is one of my favorite things to do and often by singing I feel more peaceful. I play some spiritual music songs to make myself feel closer to God.
5. Prayer
I use to pray after I praise God by my songs. I pray and ask God's guidance to give me positive thoughts to live this life. Praying is a way which is very useful for me because I know God only as far as my pray. I will much more like there is peace and I can get out from the stress.
God will never leave me alone although there are any problems that came to me and made me stress.  The Lord is able to give peace and only in Him alone I can get peace. What I need to do is simply by come to Him. Matthew 11:28-30 says “Then Jesus said, Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light.” This is what God wants me to do in my life at my stressful situation: take His yoke and trust Him. He offers to give me rest and even to walk with me to carry the load. He teaches me to understand his guidance and gives me rest for my soul. Why I need to stay on my stressful situation if God is with me all the time.
 Whenever I am in a stressful situation, it is so refreshing to think about God and about all of the things God has already done for me. By knowing God in my life is more than enough. Why I need to stay longer in stressful situation if I know that I have a great God who can handle any problems in this live. The thankfulness that I do will begin to develop God’s joy and peace in my life. Basically, the way I do to relieve the stress is by praying and thanksgiving to God. God says on Philippians 4:6b that I do not need to worry about anything. Instead, I can pray about everything and tell God what I need. Stress is going to come without my desire, but I have enough power in God to relieve it. 

#Peace(LvK)

You May Also Like

0 comments

Kalau Ko bekerja, Ko bekerja sendiri... Tapi kalau Ko berdoa, Tuhan yang bekerja