Powered by Blogger.

Impression about USA

by - 11:15 PM


I have been living in the United States for almost 3 years now. Being in the United States is a wonderful opportunity for me. I had never thought before that I would be able to come to the United States. I have learned many things about the United States: the cultures, the people, and the country itself in general.  In my opinion, the United States is a huge country, a super power country, and an advanced country.
I am interested in learning how Americans make their ways in order to handle certain situations to accomplish certain goals. For example, I have learned about time management and how to set up my schedule every day. I learned that to be successful, the key was about how good I manage my time every single day. Americans will work regularly based on what they had set earlier. Time is very important for Americans. If I am allowed to give my opinion, then I am sure that the United States is the only country using time properly. In American’s daily activities, they use time as a basis of how everything can be done well. Americans are on time doing their activities. As a college student in the United States, I found that everything associated with college activities was run orderly and smoothly. I was impressed with Americans in how they use their time well. Americans work seriously and right on target; they just make everything simple, and easy to be done. The United States has become an advanced country because its people use their time properly, and work right on target.
The things I miss the most about Indonesia are my family and Indonesian public transportations. Although I am living in an advanced country which has anything I want, I feel that it was not perfect enough without my family around me. My family is something that I can’t live without; however, I already made my decision to study abroad in the United States, and I have a responsibility to keep my commitment. What I am doing now as a student in College is making my family proud of me. In this case, I miss my family: my two little brothers, and my mother. My two little brothers are always there for being my best friends even my buddies. I have usually spent my time with both of them. We often played PlayStation together, and made crazy videos when we got bored. Another thing I really miss from my family is my mother. My mother is someone who loves me so much that sometimes I can’t understand it. She makes me feel good about whom I am, and there is no one better than me.
I also miss the public transportation in Indonesia. In the United States especially in Longview, I have a hard time when I want to go to some places because I don’t have a ride. Even though they have a bus station, the location is far away from my place, and the bus is not available every day. Indonesia has numerous public transportations that are provided in every place for all people. I am able to go wherever I need to go easily. Now in United States I have to decide whether I am going to the bus station by myself or asking someone who has a ride to take me to the place I need to go. 
Since being in the United States, I have noticed a cultural difference between Indonesia and the United States. The biggest difference I found is in how young people respect to the elders. In Indonesia we have to call the elders by their prefix, and not just by their own name. Americans have not concern about adding prefix because they can call each other simply by the name.
I came from a province in the east part of Indonesia named Papua. Papua Government has given me a full scholarship for four years to study at College in the United States. Before I came to the United States, I have already made an agreement with Papua Government that I should back to Papua after I graduated from College. Papua Government gives me a scholarship to study abroad with one goal that is to produce more educated people who willingly work for Papua. After I get done with College, I will definitely go back to Papua. I have never wanted to live in another city in Indonesia besides Papua. What I will do for Papua is to apply the knowledge I learn from College.
Papua is my favorite place in Indonesia. I have been to some islands in Indonesia and I had found that there was no island better than Papua. Papua has a lot of natural beauty and they are truly beauty. Papua has many interesting things for people to know. The word Papua comes from Papuan language which is means “curly hair”. The word Papua comes from Papuan language which is means “curly hair”. The “curly hair” is a description of the physical exterior from ethnic group of Papua. Papuan use Indonesia language as the first language to communicate; however, Papua has 268 native languages. The native language was based on every ethnic grou. The most interesting thing is the eternal snow on top of Mt. Jaya-Wijaya. The snow still stays on the top of the mountain even when the sun is shining brightly. In Papua where Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold is engaged in exploration and development, mining and milling of ore containing copper, gold and silver. Papua is a paradise island full with natural resource; however, Papua has no many human resources who have some abilities to run it. I will work hard to be one of them who have some abilities to build up my island Papua.  
New York City is the one place that I want to visit most in the United States. And thank to my sister Yane Ansanay who brought me to NY (finally). I had been living in Oregon before I came to Texas. There are two biggest reasons why I want to go to New York City:  I have to see the Statue of Liberty by my eyes, and I want to meet my favorite soccer player Thierry Henry who plays in New York Bulls soccer team. People from another county often say that if we went to the United States and had never seen the Statue of Liberty, then people would say that we had never been to the United States. What I know is that the Statue of Liberty uses to welcome people in to the United States of America especially the immigrant. I have been living in the United States, and I don’t want people to conclude that I had never been in the United States before. Another thing that makes me really want to go to New York City is to meet my favorite soccer player Thierry Henry. He is a French professional soccer player who plays for the New York Red Bull in Major League Soccer. I made a bet with my friends that one day I will meet with Thierry Henry in New York. It looks like an impossible thing to meet a famous soccer player such as Thierry Henry. However, the one certain thing is that one day I will be in New York City.
I have never been to other countries other than the United States and Indonesia. If have an opportunity to go to other countries, then I will choose to go to French, India, and Spain. Whatever the country it is, the United States is completely enough for me more than any other countries. Indeed, being in the United States is a very valuable chance for me.


#Peace (LvK)

You May Also Like

0 comments

Kalau Ko bekerja, Ko bekerja sendiri... Tapi kalau Ko berdoa, Tuhan yang bekerja