Powered by Blogger.

America and Indonesia

by - 12:35 PM


I have been living in the United States for almost two year. Being in the United States is a wonderful opportunity for me. I had never thought before that I would be able to come to the United States. I have learned many things about the United States: the cultures, the people, and the country itself in general.  The United States is a huge country, its super power known by people all over the world.
I am interested in learning how Americans make their ways in order to handle certain situations to accomplish certain goals. For example, I have learned about time management and how to set up my schedule every day. I learned that to be successful, the key was about how good I manage my time every single day. Americans will work regularly based on what they had set earlier. Time is very important for Americans. If I am allowed to give my opinion, then I am sure that the United States is the only country using time properly. In American’s daily activities, they use time as a basis of how everything can be done well. Americans are on time doing their activities. As a college student in the United States, I found that everything associated with college activities was run orderly and smoothly. I was impressed with Americans in how they use their time well. Americans work seriously and right on target; they just make everything simple, and easy to be done. The United States has become an advanced country because its people use their time properly, and work right on target.
I have noticed the different in term of Indonesia’s public transportation and America’s public transportation. In the United States, especially in Longview, I have a hard time when I want to go to some places because I don’t have a ride. Even though they have a bus station, the location is far away from my place, and the bus is not available every day. Indonesia has numerous public transportations that are provided in every place for all people. I am able to go wherever I need to go easily. Now in United States, I have to decide whether I am going to the bus station by myself or asking someone who has a ride to take me to the place I need to go.
There are some cultural difference between Indonesia and the United States. The biggest difference I found is in how American people are really close to each other. It seems that people in America are so friendly. I love the way when people in America give their hug, and smile to me. American’s way to greet each other is very different from what we usually do in Indonesia. In Indonesia we’ve never greet each other, unless if we really want to talk to that person.


#Peace (LvK)



You May Also Like

0 comments

Kalau Ko bekerja, Ko bekerja sendiri... Tapi kalau Ko berdoa, Tuhan yang bekerja