Powered by Blogger.

Me Me Me

by - 12:52 PM


I come from Indonesia, a country with a majority Muslim population. Thanks to God because I come from Papua, a province that has majority Christian population. I was born as a Christian. All of my family is Christians and we believe in God. I was born to Christian parents who regularly attend and actively involved in a Christian church or assembly. My grandparents were also actively involved in Christian Church activities.  It was usual for my father to read the Bible to us, and my mother praying for us all the time. Each week at Sunday School I was given a scripture verse to learn for the next week, and at the age of about 16 years old I got baptized tradition ( something which every believer in my church should do even you are not really believe in God). In my church, if you want to be a part or member or the church, or being a part of communion you must baptized. However, neither being born to practicing Christian parents, nor reading the Bible, turned me into a Christian.
 I have selected by my Papua government to get a scholarship for studying abroad. It was just an incredible thing for me as a Papuan to study abroad. However, for God truly nothing is impossible because He had set everything even before He created me. I am majoring in civil engineering and I know that is my best choice. I already heard many interesting things about civil engineering since I was in junior high school. The Lord called me and chose me to enter in civil engineering program. This is not because of me, but it is all about God. God has been working through me to be able become a blessing for Papua.
I am a student at LeTourneau University because God has a reason for me. God knew that I would attend LeTourneau before even I was born. As an international student, I have been confronting with a variety of questions about the reasons I have to be away from home, and attended LeTourneau University. However, it is all about God who brought me here at LeTourneau.
My father had passed away when I was twelve years old. My favorite childhood memory was about everything I did with my father. My father had worked for radio station in my city. I went to my father’s office, and pretended to be a broadcaster. That was the best childhood memory I had ever had in my life.
I am a girl who loves soccer very much. I love to play soccer, and watch the soccer game. All of my close friends usually call me Mrs. Henry just because of my favorite soccer player Thierry Henry. He is a French professional soccer player who plays for the New York Red Bull in Major League Soccer. I made a bet with my friends that one day I will meet with Thierry Henry in New York. It looks like an impossible thing to meet a famous soccer player such as Thierry Henry, but I still want to try to meet him.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Kalau Ko bekerja, Ko bekerja sendiri... Tapi kalau Ko berdoa, Tuhan yang bekerja